Friday, May 9, 2008

Know What Your Customer Wants

So I was at home this morning, and my son (all 20 months of him) was pointing at babbling at the TV. I am thinking to myself, ‘he wants to watch the TV, and there is too much of that already’.

Then I realized as he played his air guitar, that he really wanted the digital music. That request I could grant.

I tried kids music, bluegrass, top 40 hits… all to no avail, as the word he does have down pat is ‘no’.

What in the end did he want? Reggae.

I knew we had listened to it in the past. I knew he liked it. But did I know that is what he wanted to hear at that time? Did I know that it was this music that would make the difference? It was about the right music, at the right time, in the right room that made the difference.

Do you know what you customer wants? When they want it? Where they want it?

You should.

No comments: